- I installed gnome-ppp (kppp would do as well)
- i ussued the command as root:wvdialconf
this is to detect which device your usb modem is using (e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0)
- Adjust the setting on gnome-ppp for the device (/dev/ttyUSB0 - depends on what device is detected when you run wvdialconf
- Init2: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
- Init 3: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
- Phone number: *99#
- Username: dummy password: dummy
- Once the modem is connected and already has dns, issue the command on rootcp /etc/ppp/resolv.conf /etc
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Singtel Mobile Broadband on Linux
After several months of attempting to get Singtel Mobile Broadband Modem working on linux, i finally got it working.